Handyfilm etc

Film reviews and other thoughts

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Sunday, May 14, 2006

A masterpiece

I avoided seeing United 93 for a few weeks, despite rave reviews, because I didn't know if I wanted to put myself through it. I saw it this afternoon, and it is extraordinary. And, yes, hard to take....I was very shaken by the end. You forget you're watching actors....it has none of the fake dramatization that mars so many movies 'based on actual events.' [The main drawback to this is that none of the characters are very clearly defined as individuals.] The director showed what he could do with pulp material two years ago in The Bourne Supremacy, a masterfully crafted entertainment. This couldn't be more different, except that it is equally brilliant. Even though you know of course what's coming, it's breathtaking to watch it unfold.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is very well put together! If you get a chance and think you might be interested please look at my site stools

11/08/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home