Handyfilm etc

Film reviews and other thoughts

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Cars

As other reviews have suggested, not up to the best of the previous Pixar animated movies, but plenty of charm, humor, and most important, visual imagination and beauty. I have not been as bowled over by Pixar as many critics, though every one of their movies has been entertaining and technically accomplished. The Incredibles was a bit more ambitious and interesting than the first four, but I still thought it may have been a bit overpraised. This one, conversely, may be taking a few hits stronger than it deserves. I much preferred the long, relatively calm middle section of the film, when our cocky sports car hero is stranded in a hick town on Route 66. The opening and closing sequences, with their loud, frantic races, bored me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home