Handyfilm etc

Film reviews and other thoughts

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sympathy for Kong haters

After a friend wrote to say how he hated King Kong, finding it one of the most self-indulgent things he had seen in some timeā€¦

>>

Pretty funny....I'm not surprised that there are plenty of people who find Kong exasperating rather than exhilarating, 'wretchedly excessive' [in the words of Time magazine's review] rather than 'gloriously excessive' [my own view]. It may come down to how strongly you respond to the scenes between Naomi Watts and Kong [the sunset, the sunrise, the ice rink, etc], and whether they make up for the dreadful Jack Black, the not-so-hot Adrien Brody and the less-than-magical first hour. I wept bitter tears, and I screamed and laughed as if on a giant roller coaster during the movie; what more can I ask?

<<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home